Panthers of the Weeks: Taylor Iverson, Kyndall Davis

Sia DeyKoontz
Junior guard/forward Kyndall Davis hangs onto the rim in Groniger Arena. The Panthers beat the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 72-57 Thursday evening in Groniger Arena.

The female Panther of the Week is going to Taylor Iverson from the track and field team.

The senior from Chicago Heights set personal records for herself in the weight throw category and the shot put category during the Illinois State Redbird Tune-Up on Friday evening.

Iverson finished in first place in the weight throw category with a 17.21 meter distance.

Iverson’s distance in the weight throw category moves her to eighth in program history in the category.

Iverson also finished in second place in the shot put category with a 13 meter distance.

The male Panther of the Week is Kyndall Davis from the basketball team.

The guard/forward from Chicago scored a season-high 26 points against Southeast Missouri State University on Thursday evening in Groniger Arena.

Along with the 75-57 victory over the Redhawks on Thursday, Davis also recorded nine rebounds, two steals and one block.

Davis recorded his third double-double in the last four games for Eastern against the Lindenwood Lions on Saturday in Groniger Arena.

The Panthers beat the Lions 72-57 as Davis recorded 11 points and 10 rebounds. Davis also recorded three blocks, two assists and two steals.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].