Panthers of the Semester: Tiger Booker, Macy McGlone, Tara Archibald

Senior guard Jordan “Tiger” Booker (11) recorded a total of 447 points this season, averaging 16 per game. (File)

The male Panther of the Semester is going to Tiger Booker from the basketball team.

The senior guard from Chicago helped lead the Panthers to a 14-18 overall record, an 8-10 conference record and their first appearance in the Ohio Valley Conference tournament since the 2019-2020 season.

Booker was also named part of the 2023-2024 First Team All-OVC at the end of the regular season.

While at Eastern this season, Booker recorded a career-high 33 points against Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville as he had nine games where he scored 20 or more points for the Panthers.

Booker recorded a total of 447 points this season as he averaged 16 points per game.

Booker also recorded a total of 94 assists, 75 rebounds and 60 steals throughout the 2023-2024 season.

Forward Macy McGlone (33), recorded a career-high 33 points against Morehead State as she had 14 games where she scored 20 or more points for the Panthers. (File)

The female Panther of the Semester is going to Macy McGlone from the basketball team.

The junior forward from Greenville, Wisconsin, helped lead the Panthers to a 15-18 overall record, an 11-7 conference record and their fifth straight appearance in the OVC tournament.

McGlone was also named the 2023-2024 OVC Player of the Year, the 2023-2024 Defensive Player of the Year, and McGlone was also named part of the 2023-2024 First Team All-OVC at the end of the regular season.

While at Eastern this season, McGlone recorded a career-high 33 points against Morehead State, as she had 14 games where she scored 20 or more points for the Panthers.

McGlone recorded a total of 588 points this season, and she averaged 17.8 points per game.

McGlone also recorded a total of 392 rebounds, 55 assists and 35 steals throughout the 2023-2024 season.

Head coach Tara Archibald currently sits with 127 wins within her time at Eastern. (File)

The Panther coach of the Semester is going to Tara Archibald from the softball team.

Archibald, the 13th head coach in program history, is currently in her fifth season with the Panthers.

The Panthers are currently in first place in the Ohio Valley Conference, as they have a 16-5 conference record and an overall record of 32-13.

Archibald is currently sitting with 127 wins within her time at Eastern, and she is on track to leading the Panthers to back-to-back OVC tournament victories.

The OVC tournament starts on May 8.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].