Davis, Luers enter transfer portal

Two more Panthers entered the transfer portal from the men’s basketball team.

Junior guard/forward Kyndall Davis recorded 331 points during the 2023-2024 season for the Panthers. (File)

1.        Kyndall Davis

The junior guard/forward from Chicago told League Ready “that he plans to enter the transfer portal,” according to 24/7 High School Hoops via a post on X.

Davis played two years at Panola College before transferring to Eastern.

Davis averaged 10.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game.

Throughout the season, Davis ended the season with 331 points, 137 rebounds, 50 assists, 46 steals and 23 blocks.

Junior guard Dan Luers recorded 216 points in his third year with the Panthers. (File)

2.        Dan Luers

The junior guard from Lebanon, Ohio entered the transfer portal on April 23.

Luers has been with the Panthers since the 2021-2022 season after transferring from Defiance College.

Throughout the 2023-2024 season, Luers averaged 6.8 points, two rebounds and one assist per game.

Luers ended the 2023-2024 season with 216 points, 63 rebounds, 31 assists and 17 steals.

While at Eastern for three years, Luers recorded 503 points, 207 rebounds, 97 assists and 54 steals.

Both Davis and Luers helped the Panthers end the 2023-2024 season with a 14-18 record as well as a spot in the Ohio Valley Conference tournament for the first time in five years.

With the departures of Davis and Luers, Eastern has a total of seven returners for the 2024-2025 season: senior guards Corey Sawyer Jr, NaKyel Shelton and Carson Prost, senior forward Rodolfo Bolis, redshirt junior forwards Lazar Grbović and Kooper Jacobi and sophomore guard Isaiah Griffin.

Sophomore forward Sincere Malone and junior guard Jaylin Gibson also entered the transfer portal.

The transfer portal officially closed May 1.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].