Panthers of the Week: Kyndall Davis, Lalani Ellis

Junior+guard+Kyndall+Davis+makes+the+first+dunk+of+the+night+against+Morehead+State+Thursday+in+Groniger+Arena+
Sia DeyKoontz
Junior guard Kyndall Davis makes the first dunk of the night against Morehead State Thursday in Groniger Arena

The male Panther of the Week is going to Kyndall Davis from the men’s basketball team.

The junior guard/forward from Chicago recorded two double digit games this week against the Morehead State Eagles and the Western Illinois Leathernecks.

Davis scored 15 points against the Eagles on Thursday as the Panthers lost 52-78 in Groniger Arena. Davis also recorded four rebounds and one assist.

On Saturday afternoon, Davis recorded 12 points against the Leathernecks as the Panthers lost 60-63 in Groniger Arena. Davis also recorded three rebounds, three assists and three blocks.

Lalani Ellis, a freshman guard, dribbles the ball toward the hoop during the women’s basketball game against the Western Illinois University Leathernecks at Groniger Arena on Saturday afternoon. Ellis scored 17 points leading the Panthers, had two steals and went 6-6 on field goals. (Rob Le Cates)

The female Panther of the Week is going to Lalani Ellis from the women’s basketball team.

The freshman from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, helped the Panthers secure a win over the Leathernecks on Saturday afternoon in Groniger Arena.

Ellis scored 17 points against the Leathernecks, including a layup and a free throw due to a shooting foul.

Ellis extended the lead to 60-51 with six minutes left in regulation as the Panthers beat the Leathernecks 72-63.

Along with leading Eastern in scoring against Western Illinois, Ellis recorded two steals, one rebound and one block.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].