Panthers of the Week: Adam Swanson, McKenzie Oslanzi

Adam Swanson, a cross country fifth year student, recorded 22 points during the Ohio Valley Conference Indoor Track and Field Championship. (File)

The male Panther of the Week is going to Adam Swanson from the track and field team.

The fifth-year distance runner from Carpentersville won the Ohio Valley Conference male track athlete of the year and the OVC male athlete of the championship at the OVC Indoor Track and Field Championship.

Swanson finished in second place for the mile race, recording a time of 4:10.31. Swanson also finished in second place for the 800-meter event with a time of 1:52.21.

Swanson racked up a third-place finish in the 3,000-meter race, finishing with a time of 8:22.69.

Swanson added a total of 22 points for the Panthers in his individual events throughout the tournament.

Freshman pitcher McKenzie Oslanzi allowed only eight hits throughout three games with the Panthers. (File)

The female Panther of the Week is going to McKenzie Oslanzi from the softball team.

The freshman pitcher from Marseilles went 3-0 during the Western Kentucky Tournament in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Oslanzi played three out the five games the Panthers played from Friday through Sunday.

Oslanzi only allowed one walk and eight hits throughout the three games she played in.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].