Panthers of the Week: Maxwell Allen, Chad Smith

Maxwell Allen, a fifth year senior defender (15), scored the lone goal to give the Panthers a 1-0 win against the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles on Thursday afternoon. (File)

The first Panther of the Week is going to Maxwell Allen from the men’s soccer team.

The fifth-year defender from Indianapolis scored the lone goal to give the Panthers a win over the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles Thursday afternoon at Lakeside Field.

With four minutes left in the game, senior forward Sam Eccles passed the ball Allen’s way. Allen took a shot, and the ball found the net to give the Panthers the late lead.

This was Allen’s second goal of the 2023 season, and this goal happened on senior day as this was Allen’s last home game as a Panther.

Chad Smith, a junior goal keeper (1), recorded his fourth shutout of the season during the 1-0 win against the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles. (File)

The second Panther of the Week is going to Chad Smith from the men’s soccer team.

The junior goalkeeper from Cincinnati had another shutout for the season after the 1-0 win against the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles.

Smith recorded four saves in net throughout the game, and this was also his fourth shutout game of the season.

This was also the team’s fourth clean sheet in the 2023 season.

The Panthers moved up to fifth place in the Ohio Valley Conference standings with the win.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].