Panic! still excites pop-rock fans

Luis Martinez, News Editor

Panic! At The Disco’s latest album, “Death Of A Bachelor” was a good blend of lyrics and music. The 11 song album included songs such as “Victorious”, “Hallelujah”, “Emperor’s New Clothes” and “Crazy=Genius”, and I have to say that I really did enjoy their album, even though it has been a while since I have actually had a chance to listen to Panic! At The Disco.

Before the album came out, the first song I had a chance to listen to was “Emperor’s New Clothes” and it instantly became one of my favorite songs. Once their album came out on Spotify, I gave the album a listen and found that most of the songs were actually really good.

Panic! At The Disco reminds me of my high school years since they would be the one band my friends and I would listen to the most.

Since I have left high school, I haven’t listen to them much, but hearing their latest album brought back plenty of fond memories.

The first four songs of the album, “Victorious”, ”Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time”, “Hallelujah” and “Emperor’s New Clothes” are just some of the best songs of the album, in my opinion.

They are energetic and fast paced and you can just feel the beat and sing along if you want.

While I did like the album overall as a whole, there were a few songs that I am not a huge fan of, not because they are not good songs, but for some reason they didn’t catch my eye, or ear in this case.

Songs like the “Death Of A Bachelor” and “Impossible Year” are my least favorite songs of the album mostly because I personally am not a huge fan of slow songs, which is what both of these songs are.

Overall, “Death Of A Bachelor” is a fairly ok album; the lyrics are good and Panic! At the Disco lead singer, Brandon Urie performs really well on this album.

Panic! At The Disco will be performing at Eastern for the 2016 Spring Concert and I, like many other students, am really looking forward to the show.

My top five songs that I would like to hear at the concert would have to be “Miss Jackson”, “Victorious”, “This is Gospel”, “Crazy=Genius” and of course, arguably their most famous song, “I Write Sins, Not Tragedies”

Luis Martinez can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].