Panthers wins in 4 OT thriller against Eagles

Junior forward Macy McGlone set a new record for singular season double-doubles.
Junior forward Macy McGlone recorded her 21st double-double of the 2023-2024 season. McGlone now holds the most singular season double-doubles in program history. (File)

Eastern’s women’s basketball team beat Morehead State 105-103 in a four-overtime thriller in Morehead, Kentucky.

The Panthers were able to get the win after four overtime periods as the game lasted over three hours.

Those four overtimes are the most in school and Ohio Valley Conference history.

The Panthers were one overtime away from tying a National Collegiate Athletic Association record at five overtimes.

However, the Panthers won after late free throws by junior guard Miah Monahan.

Monahan finished the game with 24 points and six assists. Monahan played for a total of 58 minutes.

The overtime record was not the only history breaking moment in the game.

Junior forward Macy McGlone finished the game with 33 points, 18 rebounds and seven blocks.

With that double-double, McGlone extends her streak to 13 games in a row with a double-double.

McGlone also broke the program record for most double-doubles in a single season at 21 as Toni Collins previously held that record with 20 double-doubles.

Eastern is currently in sixth place in the conference with a 7-5 record in the OVC. Morehead State drops to 7-5 in conference as well, but they are currently in fourth place.

Eastern takes on Southeast Missouri State on Thursday at 5 p.m. in Groniger Arena.

Patrick Schmitz can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].