Panthers of the Week: NaKyel Shelton, Macy McGlone

The+mens+basketball+team+won+their+home+opener+91-45+against+the+Monmouth+College+Fighting+Scots+Wednesday+evening+Nov.+8%2C+2023+at+Lantz+Arena.++
The men’s basketball team won their home opener 91-45 against the Monmouth College Fighting Scots Wednesday evening Nov. 8, 2023 at Lantz Arena.

The male Panther of the Week is going to NaKyel Shelton from the basketball team.

The junior guard from Chicago was one of three Panthers to score 16 points against the Lindenwood Lions on Saturday afternoon.

Shelton also recorded four assists, three rebounds and one steal. The Panthers beat the Lions 78-68 in Robert F. Hyland Arena in St. Charles, Missouri.

The Panthers are now 9-10 overall with their Ohio Valley Conference record being 3-3.

Junior forward Macy McGlone dribbles and defends against Morehead State Thursday Jan. 11, 2024, in Groniger Arena. The Panthers lost 67-69. (Sia DeyKoontz)

The female Panther of the Week is going to Macy McGlone from the basketball team.

The junior forward from Greenville, Wisconsin recorded her 14th double-double of the 2023-2024 season against the Lindenwood Lions Saturday afternoon.

This was McGlone’s seventh straight double-double this season. McGlone recorded 19 points and 16 rebounds.

McGlone also recorded two assists, two steals and one block as the Panthers beat the Lions 68-60 in Robert F. Hyland Arena in St. Charles, Missouri.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].