Panthers of the Week: Pierce Holley, Alex Tetteh

The male Panther of the Week is going to Pierce Holley from the football team.

Pierce Holley, a junior quarterback, finishes with three rushing touchdowns and a successful two-point conversion to give the Panthers their first conference win of the season. (File)

The redshirt junior quarterback from Arvada, CO led the Panthers to secure their first conference win of the season against the Bryant Bulldogs.

Eastern decided to go for the win as Pierce Holley ran the ball into the end zone to give the Panthers a successful two-point conversion. Eastern defeated Bryant 25-24 in overtime

Holley was 21 of 29 for 244 passing yards. Holley rushed for 42 yards throughout the game and had three rushing touchdowns.

Holley leads the Big South-Ohio Valley Conference with 2,149 passing yards and ties for the most touchdowns thrown this season (13).

The female Panther of the Week is going to Alex Tetteh from the women’s soccer team.

Freshman forward Alex Tetteh gave the Panthers an additional goal to help the team clinch a spot in the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament. (File)

The freshman forward from Plainfield helped the Panthers beat the Lindenwood Lions 2-0 on Thursday evening.

This win secured the Panthers a spot in the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament.

Along with a penalty kick goal earlier in the game from Senior midfielder Cami Lummus, Tetteh provided a goal from the right side of the goal to put the Panthers up by two goals with less than six minutes left in the game.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].