COLUMN: Beyonce’s birthday bash was nothing short of flawless!

Welcome back to another edition of the Catch-Up!
Ashanti Thomas

Welcome back to another week of the Catch-Up, the column where I catch you up on all the goods of the week’s biggest pop culture moments!

Today, we are talking about the event of the summer, Beyonce’s Renaissance World Tour! Back in May, Beyonce kicked off her ninth-yes I said, ninth-tour and ever since, it is all people can talk about!

However, we are only talking about one concert in particular; Bey’s birthday bash at her concert in Los Angeles!

The 42-year-old icon celebrated her birthday on September 4th, with almost every celebrity known to man (e.g., Zendaya, Adele, Viola Davis, the Kardashian family, Meghan Markle-and that is not even the full list)!

But the most important appearance at the concert was the legendary Diana Ross, who surprised Beyonce by singing happy birthday to her during the show!

Bey was highly emotional during her birthday speech, as she said she is “thankful for music, for the ability to heal myself through music which then heals all of you. I am thankful for every tear, for every year.”

The Queen Bey has been a lot more vulnerable with her last three albums, “Beyonce,” “Lemonade,” and “Renaissance”; something her beloved Beyhive was excited for.

And can you blame them?

Beyonce has always been a very private person, always keeping her personal business just that- personal.

Her vulnerability has been shown through her music; from her reactions to her husband, Jay-Z’s, infidelity to her feelings of reestablishing her confidence-Bey has told her listeners a lot.

So for Beyonce to say she is thankful for the ability to heal herself and her faithful fans through her music, it is a special thing in my eyes. Beyonce’s career and music have transcended and upgraded lots of people’s confidence and resilience through the years.

The “Crazy In Love” singer has been in the music industry since the late 90’s and has been a trailblazer for R&B and Pop music throughout her entire career.

The best part of the iconic night was the fact that Bey specifically requested that all attendees of the show wear silver; the Beyhive, of course, came through for Queen Bey.

Everyone was styled in their best silver-shimmery outfits! It was a night to be remembered, and happy birthday Queen Bey!

I have gushed over Beyonce a lot, I know. But Renaissance is truly one of the best albums I have ever heard.

It has been in rotation for me since its release. It is much different from what is atypical for Bey, which honestly is the beauty of it. An album I would highly recommend, if you have not heard it yet!

Jade Maxwell can be reached at [email protected] or 217-581-2812.