STAFF EDITORIAL: Celebrate holidays by reflecting

Staff Editorial

There is no better way to celebrate a holiday than to be happy while doing so because a sad holiday celebration is not much of a celebration.

So, in the spirit of keeping our spirits high at this stressful time, let us all look back on the semester and think about everything that we have overcome, both individually and collectively.

Do keep in mind the upcoming avalanche every college student voices their frustration over on social media.

We all know what that entails: studying hours past when we should have been in bed, working on four final projects and papers we have procrastinated on all semester and taking our obligatory scream break when we get too stressed from all the work.

That is why now, more than ever in this semester, it would be a good idea to think about all the fun we had so far.

Ah, the first day of the semester.

Fresh off Winter Break, we were all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a mix of excitement and dread over what awaited us on our journey to the summer.

It was nice thinking about all the gifts we received and all the family we saw during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.

Then a few weeks into the semester, we panicked because the first test in one or multiple of our classes snuck up on us.

We did not really think about studying or reading the chapters in our classes’ books, but then the first test came and we all panicked because we were not starting grades off on the right foot.

Then a little further and we rejoiced when Spring Break came.

Everyone remembers the feeling of getting a whole week off from classes and the obligations surrounding college life.

Except, since there are obligations for college, we had to worry about working on homework and projects during the break.

Oh, and we have to remember the polar vortex that engulfed Illinois, which led to us all getting a Wednesday off from classes. That was fun.

And now, time has seemingly flown by as the end of the semester is upon us.

For some, that means the conclusion of schooling and the beginning of a new journey.

For others, this conclusion means the beginning of summer, followed by the beginning of another year of school.

Whatever the case, we hope you had a great Easter weekend with friends and family, and we hope you all can reflect on all the fun times from this year as we start the final stretch.

The Editorial Staff can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].