EDITORIAL: New Year, new resolutions

Ellen Dooley

To start off the New Year, people often set New Year’s resolutions. Some of our new and returning staff will introduce themselves and share their New Year’s resolutions with readers.

Hello again! My name is Rob Le Cates, and I’m a junior journalism major and the editor-in-chief of The Daily Eastern News. My New Year’s resolutions are to go to all of my 8 a.m. classes and to take more pictures. I have never had a class earlier than 9 a.m., but this semester I have four 8 a.m. classes. I want to pursue the photojournalism field after college and want to improve my skills.

My name is Cam’ron Hardy, and I am the news editor for The Daily Eastern News. I have completed my first year as news editor and hope to do a better job than I did last year. My New Year’s resolution is to be happier. With this job comes a lot of responsibility and work, so trying to maintain happiness will be something I will be working towards this year.

My name is Audra and I am the assistant news editor. New Year’s resolutions have never really been my thing. I am more of a “go with the flow” type of person. I dislike the pressure of having a goal daunting over me all year. In 2024, I just hope to make memories and share moments of joy with my loved ones. I aim to continue learning and growing in all aspects of life. As I write for The News, I hope to see improvements in my writing while connecting with others in the journalism field. Although I don’t have one ultimate resolution, I hope to look back at 2024 and recall all the wonderful experiences I had and all that I achieved.

Hey! I am Zaria Flippin, and I am a junior majoring in sports media relations and minoring in social media engagement. I am the head sports editor for The Daily Eastern News, and I am also the editor in chief of The Warbler magazine here at Eastern. My New Years resolution is to live a healthier life physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and spiritually.

Hello, my name is Sia Dey. I’m currently photo editor at The Daily Eastern News, and I also DJ with WEIU. I’m majoring in journalism and have a strong passion for sports photography in particular. My New Year’s resolution is to work on successfully balancing my workload so that I have a little bit more time to enjoy the little things.

Hello! My name is Ellen Dooley and I am the opinions editor for The Daily Eastern News! This is my fourth semester as opinions editor. My New Year’s resolution is to graduate. I will be graduating early in December, so I am excited to finally finish off my degree and start teaching. Also, I am deeming this spring semester as buff girl winter. Come join me in the Student Recreation Center!

I’m Alli Hausman, and I am the copy chief for The Daily Eastern News. I’m a sophomore studying journalism here at Eastern, and I am excited to be joining The Daily Eastern News staff this semester! My New Year’s resolution is to make more time for myself this year. Between work and classes, I tend to be very busy. This semester I’d like to find more time to relax and watch the birds.

My name is Harper Hancock and I am the design editor at The Daily Eastern News. For 2024, my New Year’s resolution is to explore new hobbies in my free time. I have always enjoyed being creative and trying new things; however, with school, I am spending less time enjoying myself and more time stressing. I hope this will create a much-needed balance between school life and actual life.

The Editorial Board can be reached at 217-581-2812.