Borenstein plays first pro ball game

Former Eastern baseball player Zach Borenstein went 0-for-3 in his first game with the AZL Angels in the Arizona Rookie League Tuesday.

Borenstein also drew a walk in the game, and struck out once. After being walked, Borenstein scored a run.

The AZL Angels beat the AZL Indians 10-2 in the game.

Borenstein was a 23rd round pick in the MLB First-year Player’s draft, 705th overall.

He signed a contract with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s organization Friday.

The rookie league season began Monday, and will end in August.

In the team’s first game Monday against the AZL Athletics, the Angels won 5-3, but Borenstein did not play.

The AZL Angels and AZL Giants are the only two teams in the Arizona Rookie League, as of Wednesday night. The two teams played each other Wednesday, but that game did not finish in time for press deadline.

Borenstein and the Angels will have the day off today, before playing the Giants again Friday at 7 p.m.

Borenstein is listed on the team’s roster as one of nine outfielders.

The AZL Angels’ are a minor league affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Borenstein plays first pro ball game

Borenstein plays first pro ball game

Junior outfielder Zach Borenstein was selected as the 705th overall pick in the 23rd round by the Los Angeles Angels in the Major League Baseball’s First-Year Players Draft. Borenstein is the 16th player drafted under head coach Jim Schmitz and the fifth