Softball looks to succeed

Eastern’s softball team will attempt to extend its school record of 14 straight wins another game when the Panthers head to SIU-Edwardsville for a double-header starting at 2 p.m. The Panthers currently have a 19-5 overall record and they are a perfect 6-0 in the Ohio Valley Conference. SIU-E is 13-17 overall and 5-3 in the OVC.

SIU-E is riding a three-game winning streak compared to the Panthers 14 straight wins. The Cougars are led in hitting by Taylor Tooley, who has a batting average of .333 with four home runs and 15 RBI’s. Erika Taylor is SIU-E’s best pitcher this season, posting a 10-8 record in 19 appearances with a 2.68 ERA.

Sophomore outfielder Melise Brown leads Eastern in hitting with a .447 batting average in 24 games. She also has four home runs and 15 RBIs. Freshman pitcher Stephanie Maday has posted a 8-1 record this season, earning a 0.14 ERA.

Softball looks to succeed

Softball looks to succeed

Melise Brown, a sophomore outfielder, prepares to swing Saturday during the second game of a double-header against Tennessee State. Brown went 6-for-6 with two home runs on the day. (Kimberly Foster/The Daily Eastern News)