More than just tests for final exams

As the six-week summer session comes to an end, students prepare for finals as well as final papers, presentations, and accumulative homework assignments.

Dave Hodgeman, a senior sociology senior, said he is taking summer classes to graduate at the end of the eight-week session.

Hodgeman said he only has a final paper and said how he prefers papers over tests.

“A paper you can take home and work on and a test is kind of hit or miss; you either do really well, okay, or bad,” he said.

Hodgeman said he enjoys taking summer classes because he does not have numerous activities to participate in which gives him more time to focus on his classes.

Another student, Mike Heise, senior general studies major, said the class he is taking for this session is laid back. He said this is his only class he has to turn in homework for.

Heise said turning in homework assignments are less pressure compared to writings papers.

Graduate student, Kate Harrington said she has two projects and two tests for her finals.

Harrington said teachers act out hypothetical scenarios and in her test she has to determine the outcome by acting like a professional speech therapist.

To prepare for her test, Harrington said she reads up on her material so she can present the correct information to her professors.

“Once you’re in graduate school for speech therapy it’s all about applying,” she said.

“Now they talk to you as a professional and you’re supposed to do things so to better prepare you.”

Harrison Bueno can be reached at 581-7942 or at [email protected]

More than just tests for final exams

More than just tests for final exams

(Jennifer Brown