Panthers of the Week: Corey Sawyer Jr., Macy McGlone

EIU Athletics
Panthers of the Week: Corey Sawyer Jr. and Macy McGlone

The male Panther of the Week is going to Corey Sawyer Jr. from the basketball team.

The junior guard from Orlando recorded 15 points against IUPUI Thursday evening in Groniger Arena.

Sawyer Jr. was 6 of 10 for shooting and was 2 of 2 for his free throws in the Panthers’ 75-58 win over the Jaguars.

Sawyer Jr. recorded 12 points against the Central Arkansas Bears Sunday afternoon in Groniger Arena.

Sawyer Jr. also had two rebounds and three assists in the 73-70 loss against Central Arkansas.

The female Panther of the Week is going to Macy McGlone from the basketball team.

The junior forward from Greenville, WI recorded double-doubles in all three games this week for the Panthers.

In Eastern’s 79-67 win over Bradley Tuesday evening in the Renaissance Coliseum, McGlone recorded 32 points, 16 rebounds and two assists.

In Eastern’s 67-55 win over North Dakota at Groniger Arena, McGlone recorded 16 points, 13 rebounds and one assist.

In Eastern’s 81-67 loss against Wright State, McGlone recorded 13 points, 13 rebounds and two assists.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].