Rumble in the Jungle to kick off Homecoming Week

Chrissy Miller, News Editor

With food, prizes and games Rumble in the Jungle will start Homecoming Week activities off from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday in the Library Quad.

Caroline Chrzanowska, co-coordinator of Rumble in the Jungle, said since it is on the first day of Homecoming Week, Rumble in the Jungle is a special chance to kick off the week in a fun way.

“The main (game) that we have, it’s going to be a Billy the Panther life-sized cut-out and we’re going to cut holes into it and have students be able to through a football because Homecoming Week is mainly about football season,” Chrzanowska said. “Depending on what hole they get the football in the could win a variety of gift cards to multiple places, like Jimmy Johns, Starbucks, Walmart. We’re going to give out our Homecoming T-shirts and things like that.”

Other games will include volleyball and Jenga.

Being part of the Homecoming Committee has been a great way to get more involved Chrzanowska said.

“It’s a great to have my ideas come into play. I’ve always been on the creative side and always wanted to get involved with anything with school,” Chrzanowska said. “Last year I was a transfer student so experiencing Homecoming, that was just fun and I was just like, ‘I wonder if I could get into this and share my ideas and have that planned out and actually run an event myself.’”

Emonie Jordan, co-coordinator of Rumble in the Jungle, said she wanted to be a part of the Homecoming Committee to include those who may otherwise not get involved.

“I think me and my co-chairs events are inclusive because we are targeting the whole student body and not just certain groups like Residence Halls, Greek life, RSOs, and are events are also for those students who aren’t involved in those things on campus,” Jordan said. “We just want everybody to come out and have fun for Homecoming Week.”

Jordan said the game she is most excited for is the Cash Cube, where people have to trying to catch paper money to win a prize.

“I feel like that would be the most fun,” Jordan said. “People love a challenge. They love to win free stuff. So, I think that will be the most fun thing that we’ll have and free food. Who doesn’t love free food?”

Chrissy Miller can reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].