Students to sample pizza from local resturants

It’s no secret that in Charleston, it seems like there are thousands of pizza places to choose from. But how do students know they are getting their money’s worth? And how do they know that what they think is their favorite pizza may not be as good as the place right down the street?

Thanks to Ford Hall, students will be able to find out the answers to these questions.

Ford hall will be hosting the Taste of Charleston with all eight of the local pizza places being represented.

Jake Hanley, the coordinator of the event, said the Taste is a great way for Ford residents to get to know each other.

“It’s an event that will allow the residents (of Ford) to come out and get to know each other,” he said. “The free pizza will probably draw a lot of students out of their rooms.”

Aaron Taylor, a junior special education major, said he has been going around knocking on his floor’s doors spreading the news of the event.

“I’m going because it’s free pizza,” the Ford Hall resident assistant said. “It’s also a social event about making friends.”

The pizzas will be numbered one through eight and students will have to do their best to try and figure out which pizza belongs to which business. There will be a contest and a raffle.

Caleb McGregor, a junior music major and also Ford Hall’s president, said the pizzas were donated by the local businesses.

“It would be cool to try to see what the best pizza per price is,” McGregor said. “That would be a good thing to try and figure out.”

Although the event is taking place in Ford, it is open to all students.

“We would really like to see our residents bring their friends,” said McGregor. “This is probably our biggest event just because anyone is welcome to come.”

Activities will include a guessing game in which students will taste the pizza and try to see if they know where it came from and a judging portion in which students will rank their favorite pizza one to eight. Small prizes such as candy bars will be given out in a raffle and for the contest.

The event will be held in the lobby of Ford Hall at 9:15 p.m. today.

Melissa Sturtevant can be wreached at 581-7942 or[email protected].

Students to sample pizza from local resturants

The Taste of Charleston will take place in Ford Hall at 9:15 p.m today. Participants will be able to taste different pizzas from around Charleston. (Photo Illustration by Danny Damiani