Winter fashion colors up world of white

Winter clothing doesn’t have to be drab or colorless. Upcoming fashion trends during the colder months of 2009 and 2010 will cater to keeping a wardrobe interesting and functional while also saving your wallet from a world of hurt.

The “come get me” boot has gained a less than popular reputation over the past decades but that notion has long since vanished. Women’s boots in 2010 will be anything but conservative with the reemergence of the knee-high boot and better yet, the over-the-knee boot.

Fashionising.com suggests choosing distinctive tones like olive green to warm up an otherwise boring boot.

6pm.com boasts having the most affordable boots at the most affordable prices. Styles range anywhere from $15 to $150.

Capes, cloaks and shawls are also making a comeback this winter. Superman and any other caped-crusader would be delighted to find their fashion sense has become a winter trend not just a Halloween costume accessory.

The loosely worn and wrapped around the shoulders look serves as day wear or night wear depending on the person. It can be dressed up, down and all around according to many fashion trend Web sites.

The cape, cloak or shawl look are warm and mini stress-reliever because of its extreme comfort.

Comparison shopping site nextag.com offers a wide range of styles, colors and prices for capes and cloaks. For $30 and up, anyone with Internet access and time to shop can peruse his selection from a multitude of stores including amazon.com or neimanmarcus.com.

While most are unable to re vamp a wardrobe at the change of the season, following color trends will help to keep your look in style.

Most people think of colors that reflect the weather like grays, dark blues and blacks during the winter for clothing choices.

Pantone Inc., primarily a manufacturer of color cards for printing, suggested colors tones for the winter months that play off a different notion of nature.

Pantone, Inc., released suggestions for winter that included earthly driven colors on fashionising.com.

Colors include titles like burnt sienna, honey yellow, rapture rose and American beauty.

Cari Wafford can be reached at 581-7942 or [email protected].

Winter fashion colors up world of white

Winter fashion colors up world of white

History professor Jon Coit discussed the different laws concerning illegal immigrants and how they are implemented during “The Lives of Immigrants” Tuesday.