Nacho feast to feed studying students

Students can take a break from studying, put on sunglasses and head to Taylor Dining Hall Sunday for finals feast.

This is the fourth year Eastern staff members have put together finals feast, making it a tradition.

Every semester a new theme is created for the feast. The dining staff chose the springtime theme “Your future’s so bright you gotta wear shades.”

“This theme is just good and fun for this time of year,” said Judy Horn, director of Panther Dining.

Finals feast runs from 9 to 11 p.m. on Sunday.

This semester’s feast will feature a nacho bar along with veggies and sweets to make the meal complete.

For many students, this is their last year at Eastern, and finals feast is Panther Dining’s way of saying farewell and good luck for those departing students, Horn said.

The feast is free to students with a meal plan, so it does not cost a swipe.

However, students will need to bring their Panther Card to show proof of a meal plan.

For students without a meal plan, the cost will be $4.50 in dining dollars or $5.60 in cash.

Dining staff members put together finals feast as way to show their appreciation to their students and customers, as well as to wish students luck on their finals, Horn said.

Eastern administrators attend the feast every semester and help serve food to students.

“I think it helps the students know how important they are to all of us,” Horn said. “It is fun for us all.”

Mark Hudson, director of University Housing and Dining Services said it is a way for students to connect to faculty and administrators.

“It’s a great way for students to interact with professors and deans,” Hudson said.

Aside from great food, activities are also planned for the event, including a tarot card reader, he added.

Students line up for finals feast in droves.

“I love finals feast,” said Steve Ward, a senior economics major. “I went the last two years and it was delicious. I can’t wait for the nacho bar.”

Dave Parks can be reached at 581-7942 or at [email protected].

Nacho feast to feed studying students

Nacho feast to feed studying students

Students grab plastics bags and fill them with different snack foods at a table for building your own trail mix at last year’s Finals Feast in Taylor Hall. Taylor Dining will again host this year’s finals feast from 9 to 11 p.m. on Sunday. (File Photo/The