Feature Photo: Spring has sprung

Jim Krehbiel will speak about his exploration, photography and subsequent artwork of the ancestral Pueblo people in the canons of Cedar Mesa, Utah, during “Art and Archaeoastronomy: Anasazi Astronomical Shrine Sites.” His presentation, which will look at architecture, art and astronomy, is at 7 p.m. today in the Doudna Fine Arts Center’s lecture hall, Room 1210.

Students collecting food, used batteries

The EIU College of Science Student Advisory Board is conducting a used-battery drive and a food drive through March 13 to benefit the environment and area residents.

The student group will recycle the batteries to keep them out of landfills, and the food drive will benefit the Catholic Charities’ food pantry. Collection boxes are set up throughout the campus and in the residence halls. For more information, contact member Amanda Steber at [email protected].

Compiled by Associate News Editor Emily Zulz.

Feature Photo: Spring has sprung

Feature+Photo%3A+Spring+has+sprung+

Flowers bloom on a tree near Blair Hall as a bicyclist rides by on Tuesday afternoon. With spring finally arriving, plants are growing and people are venturing out to enjoy the nice weather. (Alycia Rockey / The Daily Eastern News)