Update: Candidates for Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities announced

Updated 2/2 at 5:39 p.m. CST

Finalists’ names were released today for the replacement of James Johnson, dean of the College of Arts and Humanities.

While an official announcement is expected Tuesday in the University Newsletter, the College of Arts and Humanities had a link to the finalists on their Web page Monday morning.

Finalists include Dana Ringuette, chair of the English department at Eastern; William Clow, interim associate dean of the college of Liberal studies at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse; Arved Larsen, professor of music and previously associate dean of Fine Arts at Illinois State University; John Omachonu, the associate dean of the College of Mass Communications at Middle Tennessee State University, in Murfreesboro, Tenn.; and Richard Sax, vice president for academic affairs and dean of the college at Lake Erie College in Painesville, Ohio.

Johnson announced his retirement in the fall as did associate dean Jeffrey Lynch. Johnson will retire July 1, and Lynch will retire on Dec. 31.

All candidates will visit Eastern this month for a series of interviews and meetings.

View the candidates’ interview schedules here.

See Tuesday’s DEN for the complete story.

Update: Candidates for Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities announced

Mary Anne Hanner, Dean of the College of Sciences, is chair of the Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities search committee. (File photo/The Daily Eastern News)