Dudolski to step down April 11

Bob Dudolski has offered his resignation to Eastern, said Dan Nadler, vice president for student affairs.

Dudolski’s last day as an Eastern employee will be April 11.

Dudolski said he resigned to seek new professional opportunities.

“I am currently in the process of exploring a new career opportunity as well as I requested some personal time to spend with my family before my next professional move,” he said.

Presently, Dudolski is working on an annual report for Student Affairs and working on gathering information about fraternities and sororities receiving their charters, Nadler said. He will work on these projects until April 11.

Dudolski was officially removed as director of Greek Life on March 20, Nadler said.

On March 20, Nadler met with the Greek Life staff and then had an e-mail sent to the various governing councils that said Dudolski was removed as director of Greek Life.

No official reason for his reassignment was given in the e-mail, Nadler said.

The university will not be releasing a statement regarding the reason Dudolski was reassigned, but Nadler did say there was no chance Dudolski would be offered his job back.

“We’re limited in what we can say, not just about this personnel matter but any matter because, as a public employer, all employees are entitled to due process,” said Rob Miller, university counsel.

Miller said releasing information to the public without following a designated process can create liability issues for the university and disrupt the review of the matter in question.

“We are really restrained on what we can release, because of this due process issue,” he said.

Nadler said the university was focusing on making the best decisions for the Eastern community and how Greek Life was going to move forward.

“We don’t really come out and accept, deny, prove or disprove rumors,” Nadler said.

“Personally, you might feel like you want to share these things, but from a professional standpoint, you have to maintain standards and confidentiality.”

Dudolski said he would not comment further on the reason for his reassignment.

“I have made it a practice not to respond or contribute to rumors,” he said. “I am extremely grateful for the experience I have gained at Eastern and the wonderful relationships that I have made over the years.”

Dudolski wrote a letter last week to all Interfraternity, Lambda Alpha Delta, National Pan-Hellenic and Panhellenic Council members and chapter presidents. Dudolski asked Nadler to distribute the letter while he was away from campus, traveling.

In the letter, Dudolski thanked the members of the Greek community and alumni members who have continued to support him and urged Greek Life members to “finish the year strong.”

Dudolski said planning for the future of Greek Life is under way, programming plans and information for the Fall semester had been provided and he was willing to offer support with the transition when needed.

“Bob’s been here for 10 years, he has a lot of the history and a lot of the information,” Nadler said. “He is very willing to share that and provide that and he wants there to be a smooth transition.”

Dudolski said he is fully confident the student members of Greek Life will continue to contribute to Eastern.

“It is a very vibrant community in which fraternity and sorority members are making significant contributions to the university and Charleston,” he said. “I am extremely proud of the work of Eastern’s Greek community and I am fully confident that the work of the Greek community will remain strong.”

Dudolski was living in Greek Court before being reassigned. Currently, he is not living in Greek Court.

“Bob was living in Greek Court as part of his specific job responsibilities and when he was reassigned to other responsibilities, it didn’t make sense for him to stay in the apartment,” Nadler said.

Dudolski was also teaching a 3000 level leadership course before being reassigned.

Robyn Paige, special assistant to Nadler, will teach the course for the remainder of the semester.

Teaching the course was part of Dudolski’s responsibility as director of Greek Life.

“Since he doesn’t have the job anymore, he’s not teaching the course,” Nadler said.

A search is not currently planned to fill the director of Greek Life position.

“It’s too early to tell at this point,” Nadler said. “I don’t know to be honest with you.”

Paige is currently overseeing the programming side of Greek Life, meaning the fraternities and sororities. Kelly Miller, associate director of Housing and Dining Services, is coordinating the Greek Court aspect of Greek Life, Nadler said.

“We have a really good plan in place right now and where that takes us at this point, I really don’t know,” Nadler said.

Currently, the Greek Life staff is focusing on Greek Week, which starts today, the Greek Life End of the Year Awards Banquet and the end-of-the-year transition when students move out of Greek Court, Nadler said.

Nadler said he and Mark Hudson, director of Housing and Dining Services, are helping fulfill any roles that may be left by not having a director of Greek Life but he was confident in the team that was in place to run Greek Life.

“Things are in good hands with Robyn and Kelly,” he said.

Dudolski was reassigned on March 20, 16 days before the start of Greek Week. However, that did not effect Nadler’s decision on the reassignment.

“I didn’t have any concern about timing with things that we do,” Nadler said. “You do what you have to do and you know that you have people who are going to step up to the plate.”

Nora Maberry can be reached at 581-7942 or at [email protected].

Dudolski to step down April 11

Dudolski to step down April 11

Bob Dudolski, former director of Greek Life, was reassigned on March 20 and has submitted his resignation. His last day at Eastern will be on April 11. (File photo)