Lumpkin dean candidate to interview Tuesday, two more candidates remain

Daniel Innis, the second of four candidates for dean of the Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences, will conclude his three-day interview session Tuesday.

As part of his visit to Eastern, Innis will take part in an open session meeting at 10 a.m. in the Casey Room of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union consisting of time for questions from campus constituents.

Innis has been Ohio University’s associate dean of the College of Business since 1999, and an associate professor of marketing since 1991. He also served as chair of the department of marketing at Ohio University from 1997 through 1999.

Innis received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Ohio University in 1985. A year later, 1986, Innis obtained his master’s in business administration from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

In 1991, Innis earned his Ph.D. in philosophy in business from the Ohio State University.

The interview process for Innis began on Sunday and Monday with a community tour and meetings with various members of the campus community.

On Tuesday, Innis will begin the day having breakfast with the search committee, and he will end his three-day interview process with an exit interview with the search committee.

Martha Brown, formerly the associate dean of the college, took over as acting dean in December when Ted Ivarie retired from the position.