Organization workshop held today

Students can develop and strengthen their time management skills at the “Become More Organized” workshop Wednesday.

The workshop is scheduled for 5 p.m. at Ninth Street Hall in Room 2016.

“I want students to walk out of the workshop with the understanding that they are capable of accomplishing the goals that they set,” workshop presenter Mark May, assistant director of the Learning Assistance Center, said.

May said that he plans to discuss time management, organization skills and how organization can help students become more responsible.

A student’s life can be extra stressful without the needed organizational skills, which is why May said he planned the workshop.

Lindsey Williams, a freshman undecided major, said being organized is one of the keys to being successful in college.

“If I didn’t make time for homework and studying, there is no way that I would stay caught up with my classes,” Williams said.

Williams, who plans to attend the workshop, said that by attending, she hopes to learn how to make better use of her time and how to manage keeping up her grades while she holds a job.

May said that the workshop is part of the Learning Assistance Center’s 30-minute Student Series, which covers a wide range of topics during different short workshops throughout the semester.

The next workshop in the 30-minute Student Series will be “Solving Math Problems” on Feb. 13.

The workshops are free and open to the public.

Organization workshop held today