En espanol por favor?

Many people can’t get much accomplished in less than eight seconds. It’s not even enough time to thoroughly brush your teeth.

But in 7.82 seconds, sprinter Leah Reeves won the 60-meter dash and set a personal record Saturday in Eastern’s Quad Invitational.

In the same meet, Reeves took a first-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.12 seconds, another personal best – earning her this week’s Top Cat athlete of the week.

“This year she has taken on a different composure,” women’s head coach John Craft said.

“She is whole-heartedly pursuing her goals and understands the benefits that come out of hard work – and it’s showing in her performance.”

The junior from Hanover Park has not only changed her composure, but her attitude as an athlete as well.

“I’m a lot more serious this year,” Reeves said.

“I want to be a leader and set an example for the rest of the team.”

Reeves’ performances in the 60-meter dash and the 200-meter dash rank her among the top 10 athletes in the Ohio Valley this season.

En espanol por favor?

Why didn’t we wait? We wouldn’t have been any worse off. We’re really not better off now. In fact, we’re probably worse off now. Possibly, in the end, the ribbon cutting ceremony will be held sooner than it would have if we had waited, but it’s late already. Did anyone consider if it would have been better to just suck it up and wait a little longer, that as bad as it is, it just might have been better?