Strickland selected as trophy semifinalist

Chad Strickland, a senior exercise science major, is one of 201 semifinalists for the National Football Foundation (NFF) William V. Campbell Trophy. (File)

Panthers’ offensive lineman Chad Strickland has been selected as a semifinalist for the National Football Foundation (NFF) William V. Campbell Trophy.

The starting tackle from Salem, AL is one of 201 semifinalist for the award, he is one of 39 selected at the Football Championship Subdivision, and he is also one out of three players from the Big South-Ohio Valley Conference Football Association.

The William V. Campbell Trophy is presented to the top academic football player from all levels of collegiate football.

Strickland earned his degree in Pre-Physical Therapy with a 3.82 GPA in the spring of 2022. Strickland has returned for a fifth year to pursue a master’s degree in Exercise Physiology.

Strickland suffered a leg injury against Illinois State and was ruled out against McNeese.

Strickland is back at practice with the team as of Wednesday, and he is being monitored as the Panthers prepare for their road game against the Northwestern State Demons on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. at Turpin Stadium.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].