Thomas Dining, Booth Library to be open for fall break

Drew Coffey, Campus Reporter

Classes will not be held at Eastern on Friday to celebrate Fall Break. This break is a way for students to decompress, relieve stress from classes and go into midterm week feeling recharged.

With the cancellation of classes, the hours of dining halls and other university facilities will be changed for the break. 

Stevenson Grill, Stevenson Deli, and Taylor Hall dining will all be closed throughout the weekend.  

However, Thomas Hall dining will remain open for students on the weekend. On Friday, the Andrews side will be serving: 

• Cheeseburgers 
  • Hamburgers 
  • Popcorn Shrimp  
  • Shrimp Tacos with Homemade Slaw  
  • Onion Rings 

The Thomas side will be serving: 

• Grilled Steak Sandwiches 
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwiches 
  • Assorted Chips 
  • Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 

According to Mark Hudson, executive director of University Housing and Dining, the University Food Court located in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union Building will close at 2 p.m. on Friday and will remain closed for the rest of the weekend.  

Java Beanery and Bakery will also be closed on Friday along with the weekend.   

The Student Recreation Center will be open Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. but closed Saturday. 

However, the Recreation Center will be open Sunday with normal hours from noon to 10 p.m. 

The Ray Padovan Pool will be closed on Friday and Saturday but will be open on Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. 

Booth Library will remain open on the weekend with its normal hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 12 a.m. on Sunday. 

Drew Coffey can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].