Fire displaces Charleston resident

File+Photo

File Photo

Corryn Brock, Editor-in-Chief

A house fire displaced a Charleston resident Sunday morning.

The resident was at the home, 1222 Division St., at the time of the fire and was able to make it out without injuries. One cat died in the fire.

According to a press release from the Charleston Fire Department, the fire appears to have started on the exterior of the home before making its way into the kitchen.

The fire is under investigation.

The Charleston Police Department, Mattoon Fire Department, Ameren CIPS and the American Red Cross assisted CFD in responding to the fire.

 

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected]