Bowling event scheduled for Wednesday

Heather Suarez, Staff Reporter

Each day of Homecoming features different activities with certain adjustments to encourage social distancing.

On Wednesday, September 30th from 6 to 8 PM in the Martin Luther King Jr. Union Bowling Lanes, there will be Cosmic Bowling.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, registration is required beforehand so students can participate while maintaining Eastern’s social distancing guidelines. As long as everyone adheres to the guidelines, it is possible to have a fun in-person experience.

For this event you can invite a friend along it’s restricted to only one registration per person due to time constraints.

This event will be free to all students, along with shoe rental and games. Drinks will be provided, and special door prizes will be given out.

To sign up for this event, first you must go to the 2020 EIU Homecoming page, then click on the events tab. Here you can see all the events planned for this year’s Homecoming.

Then scroll down to Wednesday’s events. Once there, click on the appropriate option and that will take you to a page that gives a brief explanation of the event, and once there simply click the ‘Register Here’ option and this is where you’ll sign up for the event.

The times are broken down into twenty-minute intervals. Sign up quickly though, because space is limited and it’s on a first come first serve basis.

Along with Cosmic Bowling, a second event will be Sweet Treats, which will last all day; it’s a way for students to thank staff and faculty for going forth and working for this school, community, and students alike.

These treats will be Chocolate bars–prewrapped and delivered on Wednesday. The Sweet Treats commemorate Homecoming, along with the staff that makes events like these possible.

Heather Suarez can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].