More details about student arrest available

Corryn Brock, News Editor

More details of the arrest of an Eastern student have been made available through the sworn police affidavit.

Jenny L. Le, 25, of Charleston is accused of possessing 5,000 grams of marijuana and 600 doses of lysergic acid diethylamide, commonly known as LSD, with intent to deliver, leading to Le being charged with two Class X, one Class Three and one Class One felony.

Le’s bond was set at $75,000, and she posted 10 percent, $7,500, on Oct. 1.

While executing a search warrant of 1132 6th St., several items were found at the residence, taken to the East Central Illinois Task Force office and placed in a vault.

Five thousand one hundred and seventy-eight grams of marijuana with an estimated street value of $103,560 were found at the residence as well as 718 serrated parts of LSD with an estimated street value of $5,026.

A total of 999 tablets of Xanax, an estimated street value of $1,198, were found at the residence.

Seven hundred sixty-one grams of edibles containing cannabis, 253 THC vape pen cartridges, 31.4 grams of cannabis wax and 45 individually packaged cannabis blunts were also found at the residence.

Some of the other items taken by the East Central Illinois Task Force included glass jars of marijuana, scales and cannabis blunts.

Two bottles of Alprazolam (a medicine used to treat anxiety and panic disorders) a bottle of Xanax, a bottle of Clonazepam (a medicine used to treat seizures, panic disorder and anxiety), the muscle relaxant Cyclobenzaprine and a bag containing psilocybin mushrooms were also found during the search.

Two “Bunk Police” drug field test kits were found at the residence.

The test kits are used to test and detect various drugs in substances.

Le’s bond date is set for Monday at 1 p.m. in Courtroom 3 of the Coles County Courthouse.

Corryn Brock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].