Booth Library adds over 700 new items to collection

Marcus Curtis, Staff Reporter

Booth Library added over 700 new titles to its inventory during the month of April.

Students interested in music, education, art, and best selling novels can visit Booth Library to browse through and rent items from the new collection. The new collection includes DVD’s, CD’s, Audio books, box kits and reference materials.

The purchasing of books, journal subscriptions and other items is a reoccurrence for the library.

Karen Whisler, the library’s collection manager, said librarians work with faculty members from every department to choose books, kits and documents that relate to the course work in the department. Whisler also said items are purchased for the library on a regular basis.

The library was awarded funds for the new items through the University Administration prior to the delay in the state budget. Whisler said the library spent money from their budget up until February,

“The library was issued a preliminary budget for FY16 which we spent from until February when the campus as a whole stopped all spending due to the delay in the state budget,” Whisler said.

Since there has been a delay in the state budget for the University, there has been a hold placed on the ordering and purchasing of new items for the library. Even though there has been a hold placed on the purchase of new library items, Whisler said librarians have created a list for items to purchase in the future,

“Librarians are keeping lists of titles that we hope to purchase when funds become available,” Whisler said.

You can find out more about the added items by clicking here.

Marcus Curtis can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]