Women’s golf continues play at Murray State

Blake Nash, Staff Reporter

The first meet of the 2015 golf season will continue for the Eastern women’s team at Murray State on Tuesday.

Although Drake Creek Course was the original location for the invitational, The Miller Memorial Golf Course is the site of the match and has a par of 72 and a distance of 6,017 yards.

The rest of the field at Murray State will include Austin Peay, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee State, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Cumberland University, Indiana State, Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne, Marshall and Lipscomb.

On Monday, the Panthers team combined for 333 strokes, putting them in ninth place out of 12 teams. Eastern is 30 strokes behind Murray State who leads with a 303.

SIUC is in second place with a 306, SIUE is in third with a 313, Belmont is in fourth with a 314, Tennessee Tech in fifth with a 316, Austin Peay is in sixth with a 318, Cumberland is in seventh with a 322, Lipscomb is in eighth with a 328, IPFW is right behind Eastern in tenth with a 335, and Indiana State and Tennessee State round out the pack with scores of 339 and 365 scores respectively.

Juniors Alex Pickens, Madison Burget, and sophomore Hannah Burget all shot 11 over par, 83 scores in Monday’s match. Just behind them was sophomore Anne Bahr who shot a 12 over par, 83. Junior Chloe Wong shot a 15 over par, 87.

Leading all golfers on the day was junior Sydney Trimble of Murray State who shot just a one over par, 73.

All of Murray State’s golfers posted good scores as the highest score was only six over par.

Coming in second was Southern Illinois University-Carbondale’s junior Brooke Cusamano with a two over par, 74. SIUC also posted all scores under 80.

The first set of golfers are set to tee off at 10 a.m.

Blake Nash can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected]