Enjoy your spring here before summer vacation

Shirmeen Ahmad, Staff Reporter

It is the day after Spring Break. Everyone is lugging their items to whatever classes and meetings they have to go to, all the while thinking about what they were doing last week and how much better it was— unless it too included work.

Each minute is filled with regret for not doing any of the things that we aspired to do when we were home so that we are not as stressed out right now. 

The first week back after any break is always brutal. Going back to the patterns of endless studying and work, getting only a few hours of sleep each night, making to-do lists again that do not show any sign of ending take a toll on us.

Quite frankly, the to-do lists make many students miserable, especially if the weather starts to get nice, and the only thing seemingly worth doing is going outside to hang out with your friends and enjoy the fresh air.

But that is what the next seven weeks should be about.

Yes, they are going to be crazy stressful with all the projects and assignments and errands that need to get done before finals, but now is the time to prove that we can do it.

The best way to do that is to be motivated by the things that make us happy, and most importantly, to make our time here at Eastern be really worth it.

So take the time to go out with your friends in the nice weather. Even if it is not, just pretend like it is, because hopefully the constant sunny days are on their way for all of us to enjoy.

Take a walk around campus and enjoy the view whenever you start to see the castle. Join in on the games of Frisbee and football that take place on the quads and make some new friends. Eat your lunch, and read a book on the Doudna steps.

Even if you stay inside, have fun with what you are doing. The next weeks are going to be packed with a lot of homework, quizzes, tests and papers, but we can make them somewhat less stressful if we just take the time to make sure we are doing what we love and are not tiring ourselves out.

Then everything will just fall into place. Before we know it, summer will be here. Don’t regret not doing the things that you really want to do before it is time to go home.

Shirmeen Ahmad is a junior political science and journalism major. She can be reached at [email protected] or 581-2812.