Students to putt with Perry

Debby Hernandez, Administration Editor

Student Senate will be hosting their next Prowlin’ with the Prez known as “Putt Putt with the Prez” from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Library Quad.

“Putt Putt with the Prez,” will consist of a nine holes golf course, where students and registered student organizations will be playing golf with President Bill Perry.

RSOs who sign up for the event will be creating the golf course, making the holes with items provided by Student Senate members.

Shirmeen Ahmad, the student vice president for academic affairs, said the senate members will provide items such as golf clubs and cardboard boxes.

She said random materials will also be provided at a first come first serve basis as needed to create a golf course hole.

“We want these holes to be as creative as they can be,” she said. “This does not mean you are required to make purchases.”

She said participants who create a hole will be rewarded for their work.

“We will be giving out some prizes for different categories and President Perry will be testing them out,” Ahmad said.

When registering, all RSOs will be required to include the name of their organization, contact information, and the theme of their golf course hole.

She said RSOs and students can create their own teams by registering through the student government website.

Ahmad said all other RSOs and students who did not register but are interested in attending can come and participate the day of the event.

Registered participants will be required to check-in starting at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].