Board of Trustees to review new program, contract

Debby Hernandez, Administration Editor

Eastern’s board of trustees will decide on a new master’s program in health promotion and leadership along with a purchase approval for athletic apparel at 1 p.m. Friday in the Grand Ballroom of the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

The board will need to address the M.S. degree program, which would be available to students next fall if approved.

The purpose of the new program is to help with one of the enrollment initiatives and to contribute to giving high quality graduate programs at Eastern, according to the board report.

The program would focus on the research abilities, program evaluations and leadership needed for students to become health professionals.

The board will also address a budget increase on a contract that was signed with Adidas America Inc.

The contract was originally designed to not exceed $250,000, which is the amount of expense acceptable without the need of the board’s approval.

Paul McCann, the university treasurer and interim vice president for business affairs, said because of unexpected campus expenditures, the amount could exceed the original estimate of $250,000 by $125,000 more annually.

Adidas America Inc. provides shoes, apparel and accessories for all kinds of sports for both men and women through stores in the U.S.

The board must approve any purchases over $250,000, and as result the Adidas America Inc. contract will need reviewing at the board meeting.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].