Faculty Senate to address vacancy

Debby Hernandez, Administration Editor

With vacant positions becoming more and more frequent, the Faculty Senate will need to respond to concerns from university councils and committees.

The Faculty Senate will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the Booth Library conference Room 4440 to decide on vacant positions.

The nominations committee will be working to find replacements for the library advisory board.

Christine Derrickson, from the library advisory board, sent a request to replace four members who resigned from the board.

Members expected to leave the board include Teri Hunt, whose term ends in 2015, Darren Hendrickson in 2015, Chad Carlson in 2016, and James Ochwa-Echel in 2017.

In addition, the senate’s elections committee will be working to find new members for the Council on Academic Affairs and the university personnel committee.

The Council on Academic Affairs is looking to fill its chair position, while the university personnel committee will need to appoint two new members.

The College of Sciences is also looking to fill a one-year vacancy because of the retirement of professor Henry Owens.

The Faculty Senate will also need to discuss plans for its first meeting of the year with the Council of Illinois Senates, a group of senate representatives from all public universities in the state.

The senate will meet with the council on Monday at Illinois State University.

Debby Hernandez can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].