Rugby to start season with 4 home games

The panther rugby team will start the 2011 season with four consecutive weekends at home.

The first game of the season will be Sept. 3 against Grand Valley State. The next weekend they will play Minnesota.

Sept. 18 marks the first of a three-game series against Quinnipiac University. The Bobcats became an NCAA Division I team this year and are coached by Becky Carlson, a former Eastern rugby player and graduate assistant coach.

Following the first game against Quinnipiac the Panthers take on Purdue Sept. 18.

A three-game road series follows starting at the University of Illinois-Champaign Oct.1, then Wisconsin-Milwaukee Oct. 8 and Quinnipiac Oct. 15.

After the second game against the Bobcats the Panthers will host Northern Iowa Oct. 23 and travel to Iowa State the next week.

The Panthers will round out the season with the three game series finale against Quinnipiac Nov. 6 at Lakeside Field.

The 2011 season will be the 13th season for Frank Graziano as head coach. Graziano currently has a 100-19 record.

Rugby to start season with 4 home games

Rugby to start season with 4 home games

Emily Harrison a senior flanker tries to stop Michigan players as they push down the field Oct. 10, at Lakeside Field. Eastern defeated Michigan 53-15.File Photo