Spring concert tickets on sale

Chart toppers, Mike Posner and the Far East Movement, will be coming to Eastern for the University Board’s annual spring concert. Students can purchase tickets with their Panthercard for $17.

Concert tickets are currently being sold in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union Ticket Office. The general public will not be able to purchase tickets until April 1 for $20.

Kelsey Warren, the UB Concert chair-elect, said she is happy with the selections the concert committee and advisors made.

“They are co-headliner and I think that’s great (that) it gives students more for their money,” said Warren, a junior marketing major. “We aren’t looking to waste student’s money.”

Warren said many universities had to have Mike Posner or the Far East Movement.

“I know Mizzou is having Mike Posner on April 26,” Warren said.

Krystina LaMorte, the chairwoman of the UB, said they try to get the best artist they can with their budget.

“This isn’t just straight hip-hop-Drake is hip-hop. (The Far East Movement) is a diverse band,” LaMorte said. “We try to switch it up, but it depends on who’s touring.”

While Warren said while complaints about similarities between past artists that students classify as hip-hop and rap, she still stands by their decision.

“We considered (the similarities) a lot, but I think Mike Posner can be more classified as a pop artist than anything else,” Warren said. “I can say they didn’t cost as much as Taylor Swift.”

Jessica Wood, a sophomore psychology major, bought two concert tickets.

“They have good songs on the radio and I figured they would have other good songs,” Wood said. “I think it’s a good price.”

The Martin Luther King Jr. Ticket Office will be selling tickets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“You don’t really get the opportunity to see famous people,” Wood said.

The concert is scheduled to take place on April 23 in Lantz Arena. The doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert will start at 8 p.m.

“Mike Posner is more sing-along music and the Far East Movement is more dance-along,” LaMorte said.

Canadian-born rapper and actor Drake came to Eastern last year and more than 3,000 people filled Lantz Arena, making it one of the most successful spring concerts in years.

Warren said the goal to sell-out Lantz Arena is the same as it was last year.

“We want every seat in that building filled,” Warren said. “This is a really good opportunity to have fun on campus.”

Nike Ogunbodede can be reached at 581-7942 or at [email protected]

Spring concert tickets on sale

Spring concert tickets on sale

Submitted photo