Trivia Night brings fun, bonding

After hearing that cricket was the first sport to use the term “home run,” participants were disappointed in their misjudgment at the Non-Traditional Student Week trivia night.

The Continuing School of Education held its first trivia night Tuesday in 7th Street Underground.

There were five categories with ten questions asked about each category, making a total of 50 questions. Music of the 1990s, Eastern, movie, sports and history were the five categories.

“We originally guesstimated a much lower amount,” said Kara Coombs, a graduate assistant and a member of the school of continuing education.

After each round, team points were added up. The team who had the most points for that round received “Smarties” candy, and the team with the lowest points received “Dum-dum” suckers.

Also, between rounds, raffle tickets were drawn, and whoever had the matching ticket received a door prize.

“I went around to different businesses and asked for prize donations,” Coombs said.

There could be a maximum of four participants on each team.

Team number 35 was the winner. This team was made up of ladies from Alpha Gamma Delta, Kelsey Mulhausen, Marina Duffy, Amy Bott and Jorie Sutton.

Mulhausen, a sophomore family and consumer science major, thought the event was exciting.

“It was a good time and I’m happy that we won,” Mulhausen said.

Duffy, a sophomore English major, plans to attend more of the week’s events and shared Mulhausen’s excitement of winning.

Bott, a freshman business major, was glad she attended.

“We came out to support the community and have fun,” Bott said.

Sutton, a sophomore biology major, shared Bott’s opinion.

“I had a good time, and it was fun,” Sutton said.

They all received a continuing school of education bag with various items in it for winning.

After seeing how well the night went, members of the continuing school of education plan to make it an annual event for future non-traditional student weeks.

Erin Riedl can be reached at 581-7942 or [email protected].

Trivia Night brings fun, bonding

Trivia Night brings fun, bonding

Kaitlin Helms, Jason Marcodes and Angela Ziemba, kinesiology and sports studies majors, write down answers to a question asked at the School of Continuing Education’s 1st Annual Trivia Night, Tuesday night at 7th Street Underground in the Martin Luther Ki