New restaurant a planet of disappointments

If you enjoy waiting 20 minutes for overpriced hot dogs, Planet Wiener is the restaurant for you.

The inconvenience begins from the moment you try to park in their miniature lot to the minute you try and get back on to Lincoln Avenue.

The dirty black and white floor exudes filth, while the Led Zeppelin and Kiss posters on the wall gives customers the feeling of being a senior in high school when their parents let them decorate for the first time.

With only 11 tables in the diner, people were lined up along the walls waiting or leaving to sit comfortably in their homes.

The best part of the experience was the music, which was the only good thing about the new establishment. Electric Light Orchestra’s “Evil Woman” played, followed by Bruce Springsteen’s “The River,” and for a few minutes, I forgot that I was sitting next to a trash can paying for overpriced hot dogs.

The “No Pissy Attitudes” sign next to the register could easily apply to the cashier and cooks calling out the order numbers.

The hot dogs taste no different than store-bought hot dogs; they just have a wider variety of toppings such as sauerkraut to put on them.

One hot dog will not fill you either.

For what the customer ends up paying, I would recommend going to a restaurant or ordering a pizza.

As soon as the newness wears off, Planet Wiener is going to end up like Boxa.

Nicole Conness can be reached at 581-7944

or [email protected].

New restaurant a planet of disappointments

Planet Wiener opened in October on Linclon Avenue at the location that was once home to Boxa. (Kimberly Vincent