Offense explodes against DuPage

The Eastern softball team is continuing its winning ways the team won 6-2 and 13-1 against Lake Land Community College and the College of DuPage, respectively, Sunday.

Senior pitcher Amber May pitched 3-1/3 of no hit softball to pick up the win for the Panthers.

“After walking the first batter I didn’t think about the no hitter,” May said.

The Panther pitching staff held Lake Land to only two runs. May gave up only one hit before sophomore pitcher Natalie Wunderlich entered the game and gave up two runs in the fifth and sixth innings.

The pitching was backed up by good defense.

Ally Seplak had a diving stop in the third inning to double off the runner at first to end the inning.

Lake Land did not have many opportunities to score but they did plate two runs in the sixth to make the score 5-2, but freshman pitcher Stephanie Maday came in to close in the seventh inning for the win.

The second game against the College of DuPage was a completely different turn around for the Panthers as they jumped out early scoring in all innings except the first.

A two-run home run by junior infielder/outfielder Jen Saucier put the Panthers up early. “That was my first home run this year,” Saucier said.

Through all the innings the Panthers had runners in scoring position and were able to score.

The biggest inning for the Panthers was the third inning when they sent nine hitters to the plate and scored three runs.

The Panthers had the bases loaded in the fifth inning and brought in two runs.

Maday pitched for the Panthers in the second game. She pitched great 3-1/3 and got the win for the Panthers.

Wunderlich came in for middle relief in both games and gave up two runs.

The Panthers had a total of 20 hits in the second game to put their hit total for the day to at least 30 hits.

With the 20 hits, they also scored in six straight innings and had 13 runs to put the total of the day at 20.

Steve Morck can be reached

at 581-7944 or [email protected].

Offense explodes against DuPage

Offense explodes against DuPage

Senior Amber May throws a pitch against a Lake land College player during the game on Sunday morning at Williams Field. The Panthers also played DuPage Sunday afternoon. (Audrey Sawyer