Dead Juggler’s Society makes a comeback

A recognized student organization that emphasizes flames, stilts and a sense of humor is making a comeback on Eastern’s campus.

The Dead Juggler’s Society is currently reforming with the aid of Cara Moran, co-president of the group, and nine other members.

This organization is for Eastern students who want to get together and have a good time doing unusual activities.

The activities they perform include juggling flaming torches, unicycle riding, stilt walking, hat manipulation, devil sticks and other fun activities.

“The motto of the organization is university-sanctioned mayhem,” Moran said.

No meetings have been held yet this semester. Once the group is formed, they will hold weekly meetings and possibly have elections for officers.

No previous skill is necessary to join the Dead Juggler’s Society.

A goal of the society is to eventually hold its own convention and invite other schools’ organizations to attend.

Josh Reely, a member of the Dead Juggler’s Society, decided to join the group after being a member of the University of Illinois Unicycle and Juggling Club for one year.

“The goal is to create interest and get a group formed,” Reely said.

The comedic aspect of the group is something Moran enjoys.

“What is neat about jugglers is that they all have a good sense of humor,” Moran said.

The group is in the process of recruiting new members.

Anyone interested in joining the group can e-mail the Dead Juggler’s Society at [email protected].

Dead Juggler’s Society makes a comeback

Dead Juggler’s Society makes a comeback