McGlone, Booker, Monahan named All-OVC players

Eastern guard, Miah Monahan (3), dribbles up the paint towards the basket at the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament March 3, 2023. The Panthers lost 61-66 to the Golden Eagles. (File)
Forward Macy McGlone (33), goes for a rebound at the basketball game against Lindenwood at Groniger Arena Saturday afternoon. The Panthers won 68-62 against the Lions on Eastern Illinois University’s campus on Feb. 17, 2024, (Ashanti Thomas)

Junior forward Macy McGlone, junior guard Miah Monahan and senior guard Tiger Booker were named as All-Ohio Valley Conference players from their performances in the regular season.

McGlone was named part of the 2024 Women’s Basketball All-OVC First Team.

McGlone averaged 18.1 points, 12 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game throughout the 2023-2024 regular season.

McGlone is currently ranked fourth in the nation in average rebounds per game.

Along with the All-OVC First Team recognition, McGlone was also named OVC player of the year and OVC defensive player of the year.

Monahan was named part of the 2024 Women’s Basketball All-OVC Second Team.

Monahan averaged 11.2 points, 5 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game throughout the 2023-2024 regular season.

Both McGlone and Monahan helped the Panthers advance to the OVC tournament with a 14-17 overall record and an 11-7 conference record.

The women’s basketball team will play the winner between Morehead State and Tennessee State on Thursday at 1 p.m.

Senior guard Tiger Booker dribbles past defender on Saturday, Feb. 17 in Groniger Arena. The Panthers beat the Lindenwood Lions 72-57 Saturday afternoon. (File)

Booker was named part of the 2024 Men’s Basketball All-Ohio Valley Conference First Team.

Booker averaged 16.1 points, 3.3 assists, 2.7 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game throughout the regular season.

Booker also helped the Panthers advance to the OVC Tournament for the first time since the 2019-2020 season.

The Panthers ended the regular season with an overall record of 14-17 and a conference record of 8-10.

Eastern is set to play Southern Illinois University Edwardsville on Wednesday at 9 p.m.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].