BOT approves FY24, proposed ’25 budget, up to $2.3 million expenses, coaching contracts

Ashanti Thomas
Board of Trustees has their first meeting of the semester in the Grand Ballroom of Martin Luther King Jr. University Union.

The Board of Trustees approved fiscal year ’24 budget and a view of the projected ‘25 budget during their meeting Friday afternoon. 

Eastern’s projected FY24 state appropriation is $46,540,300, a 7% increase from the previous year, with a total of $167,848,900. The estimated change for FY25 is around an 8% increase.

The Board approved all other actions including:

• The arbiter system purchase of $255,500 in arbiter fees and then $70,000 in conference dues, with a total of $325,500. The purchases are required as part of the Ohio Valley Membership, 
  • An increase in annual gas and fuel supply from $300,000 to $350,000. The amount reflects potential unexpected weather conditions and requested alternate fuel source from the utility company, 
  • Approving a $250,000 to $1.7 million bid fund for storm drains Student Recreation Center. The funds are pulled from the campus projects reserve.
  • All of the coaching contracts for women’s basketball Head Coach Matt Bollant, Director of Track and Field James Gildon, Head Volleyball Coach Sara Thomas, and Women’s Soccer Coach Dirk Bennett were extended and renewed,
  • Agreements for the Plumber and Steamfitter Local No. 149 contract renewal and successor agreement were unanimously approved by the Board. Business Affairs VP Matt Bierman said the changes were shifting schedules and language usage and the union has already ratified the agreement.

The Board will have their next meeting November 17.

Rob Le Cates can be reached at 581-2812.