Last day to drop classes

Cam’ron Hardy

Students are unable to change their classes after Sept. 1.

Although some of students have made the switch before the cut-off date, it may be difficult for some students attending Eastern.

It can be hard to fully determine whether or not you like a class in under two weeks, especially if you only have the class once a week, but in other cases, people could find it easier to figure out what parts of their schedule they want to keep and what they want to change.

When fully realizing the small dilemma in the deadline to drop a class, it can be simpler to look at a student who had no problem with keeping their schedule the same and having no problems with their current courses. 

Freshmen in college can sometimes be overwhelmed and be put on the spot.

When looking for answers to figure out if the deadline had a worthy date or not.

Eli Wilhelm, a freshman majoring in history, had no problem sharing his opinion about the last chance to drop a class.

“Don’t knock it till you try it,” Wilhelm said when discussing how he did not drop any of his classes he originally had.

He said that he also felt comfortable with each class he had and that it might be easier to stick with a course rather than trying to change and having a missed opportunity within the course. Wilhelm also apprised how he believed two weeks is plenty of time to figure out if you want to keep a course in your schedule or not. Conversely, some students might disagree with Wilhelm because not everyone can get behind what they are given to them. 

Sometimes it might take a while for a student to figure out what they really want to do in their life. People might realize after the two weeks are up, that they would rather take something in place of a course they are already enrolled in.

Some might say how it will be harder on the people that make the schedule and determine what each student is doing throughout the week, but in the case of junior Paige Wiersema, a Career and Technical Education major, said she had trouble with her schedule.

In the matter of financial aid and some other form of issues with scheduling, the entirety of her classes had to be dropped and switched.

“It is way too early to determine how a schedule should look, there should be at least one more week,” Wiersema said.

At the time she voiced how she had to do a full 180 degree with her courses which led to her taking courses she did not fully agree upon. Wiersema described how she was even planning on dropping an online course on the last date in which a student could have. With something like this happening in a student’s life, it can be frustrating to have a limited amount of time to thoroughly agree with your courses. 

Jacob Adcock can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].