Trivia night brings people together

Leah Piescinski, Reporter

The Lumpkin School of Business and  Technology hosted a Trivia night as their monthly event for March in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union in the Grand Ballroom, on Tuesday March 28th.

The event was held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

The event was free and featured 12 teams made up of Lumpkin school of Business students and staff.

Food was provided by Panther catering .

Before the event started, people were socializing with each other. On each of the tables was a pen, highlighter and a frisbee.

Also on the tables were signs with each team’s name on them.

Austin Cheney, dean of the Lumpkin school of Business and Technology, was emcee for the event.

Cheney said they try to have a fun event every month for the students.

In the past, they had events such as a pizza night in August, a movie night in September,  a hot cocoa and pumpkin painting event out at the pond pavilion on campus in November and serving treats and food for the students out in the lobby of the Lumpkin building during finals week.

Cheney said the student advisor board of the Lumpkin school of Business was a big help in planning and organizing the events during the Fall and spring semester.

There were five rounds with 10 questions in each category with anything and everything Cheney could think of.

From trivia about the Lumpkin school of Business, animals, food and drink, arts and lecture and entertainment.  At the end of each round, there was a small break for Cheney to add up the scores.

Before each round, the teams were able to see the leaderboard to be able to see where they placed, Cheney said.

At the end of round five, Cheney gave the answer to each round.

Prizes were awarded to the top three teams.

The Lumpkin School of Business will host their next event, Dunkin the Dean on April 26th, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. sponsored by Dunkin Donuts of Charleston. Out in front of the Lumpkin school of Business.

Leah Piescinski can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].