Alpha Phi Alpha presents Sneakerball

Christina Holman, Junior Campus Editor

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. hosted a Sneaker Ball event on Saturday. The event took place in the University Ballroom in the Martin Luther King Jr. University Union from 7:06 p.m. to 10 p.m.

This event included a 360 booth, photo booth, a gold carpet, and refreshments.

The event showcased everyone’s formal outfit with a pair of sneakers to match.

There was a variety of sneakers worn like Nike Air Force Ones, Jordans, Nike Air Maxes Converse, and more.

As the night went on, students were seen socializing and having fun with joy on their faces.

Nile Hill, a senior business major and chapter vice president, gave more insight on how they made this event come together.

“We had to get some donations from older [brothers], some sponsorships from companies,” Hill said. “It took a lot of hours of planning, inviting people, trying to get people in here and get this place full.”

Hill was also glad to see students enjoying themselves and seeing them “dancing and smiling and looking good.”

Students were dancing to the music while being with their friends.

Samaria Rosenthal, a junior psychology major, attended sneaker ball with a group of friends and saw how a diverse group of people came out to this event.

“I feel like there [were] a lot of people from different backgrounds there.” Rosenthal said.

Rosenthal also went on to mention that her favorite featured thing at this event was the 360 booth.

Towards the end of the night, they also gave out several awards. The awards consisted of  Coldest Kicks and Best Dressed for both men and women.

Winners of each award:

• Coldest Kicks[Women]: Kaliyah Mitchell,
  • Coldest Kicks [Men]: Torris Robinson,
  • Best Dressed [Women]: Kymoni Dixon,
  • Best Dressed [Men]: Justin Bowick.

Christina Holman can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].