Eastern students’ plans, costumes for Halloween

Luke Taylor, a senior journalism major, and Maddy Powers, a senior English major, pose for a picture at Lake Charleston.

Adriana Hernandez-Santana, Feature Junior Editor

With Halloween just around the corner, students all across campus are excited to get dressed up, go to parties and have a fun time. 

However, not everyone has the same plans. Some student’s nights will be filled with scary movies or a trip to the pumpkin patch, but all the students at Eastern seem to be gearing up for a fun night.

Connor Mellott, a sophomore interpersonal communications major, hasn’t decided on his costume yet. But that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have plans for Halloween night. 

“My plans for Halloween are to watch ‘Over the Garden Wall’ TV series with my brother,” Mellott said. “It’s gonna rock.”

Bailey Annan, a senior television and radio production major, has some Halloween plans with her friends that she is very excited to experience. 

“My friends and I are gonna play ‘Until Dawn’, a horror game,” Annan said. “It’s a single player game, but we are going to play it with 7 people, it’s gonna be wild.”

As for her costume, Annan is kicking it back to the 1960’s with hers.

“I am going to be a hippie because I have these really cool overalls with flowers with them,” Annan said. “I’m really excited.”

Sereniti Ross, a senior digital media major, is not planning on dressing up this year, but still plans on having fun.

“This year, I’m going to a haunted house on Halloween,” Ross said. 

Alexia Myers, a junior year digital media technology major, is planning to have Halloween makeup the main feature for her costume this year. 

“I’m going to do some pumpkin face makeup.. I’ll [also] be [going] home for that weekend to visit my siblings,” Myers said.

Chelli Hall, a sophomore who’s double majoring in psychology and human services, has no idea what she should do for a Halloween costume. And as for plans, even though there was so last minute planning, she expresses excitement about what she’s hoping to do. 

“I was supposed to go to a Halloween party but I’m not,” Hall said. “Instead, I’m going to the L & A haunted maze with some of my friends from work.”

Matt Williamson, a freshman year television and video production major, is going to a Halloween party dressed as Micheal Myers, a fictional character from the movie “Halloween,” and related sequels.

John Wills, a junior broadcast journalism major, is planning to be Mario from the Mario Brothers. 

Paeton Hagen, a junior year television and video production major, expressed a lot of excitement for his Halloween costume this year.

“I’m going to dress up as one of those blow up guys,” Hagen said. “I’m gonna be a tubeman.”

As for his plans, Hagen is going to a Halloween party.

Jeff Owens, the director of television and radio at Eastern, does not have any major plans for Halloween. However, he still has a personal favorite costume.           

“My favorite Halloween costume I ever dressed up as was a party cow,” Owens said. “It was a big hit and it was a good time. It was the 90’s.” 

Adriana Hernandez-Santana can be reached at 581-2812 or at [email protected].